Blinchiki with cream cheese — inspired and dedicated to my Mom.
Servings 12 -15 Crepes
4 cups milk
2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
4 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
oil for pan.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, salt, baking powder, melted butter and vanilla. Mix in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until a runny batter forms and let rest for about 5 minutes.
2. In a 10 inch skillet or pan, rub a little oil and heat over medium low to medium. Once thoroughly heated, add 1/4 – 1/3 cup batter to the center and immediately tilt the pan in a circle to coat the bottom in a thin layer. Cook until bubbles begin to form and the bottom turns golden, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the other side is golden, about 30 seconds. Remove to plate. Rub the pan with more oil and repeat with remaining batter.
FYI my first crepe never turns out nice so don’t panic 😉
For the Filling:
2 packs of 8 oz package cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoon butter
How to make cheese filling:
1. In a bowl add cream cheese, egg and sugar and mix all together about a minute with hand mixer.
2. Using a butter knife spread 2 Tbsp of cheese filling on each crepe.
3. Roll the crepe into a log cut the ends and cut it in half.
4. Take glass plate (oven safe) place butter on the bottom and then place blinchiki when plate full and ready to go into oven, put few thin butter pieces. place blinchiki at 350° for about 30 minutes and serve with sour cream (I use from Russian store)
5. Refrigerate crepes that aren’t being served. It keeps in the fridge for almost one week.